Thursday 10 May 2012

Steampunk shadow box

So I'm back with another project to enter in this weeks forever nights freaky friday challenge 35
The challenge was 'anything altered' so I took this ordinary photo frame from wilkinson's and turned it into...........


......this steampunk shadow box!


I ripped up some pages out of one of my favourite books 'Alice in Wonderland' and used matte medium to stick them on. I first went over this with distress stain in broken china then rubbed over with rusty hinge distress ink and i loved the way it came out.


I used a steampunk lady and the steampunk border from the fantastic Octopode Factory, this lovely lady is fastened in at the front of the frame to give it some dimension. I gave her some metal textured wings and added some metal spirals covered in alcohol ink over a background made up of some chain and watch parts. Oh and there are some watch parts all around the inside of the frame too.





I just love the way this turned out and I think this is my favourite thing i've ever done and it just looks gorgeous on my shelf in my craft room xxx

1 comment: